orange_bar
image

Short Term Health Plans:

This coverage does not satisfy Minimum Essential Coveage as required by the ACA.

Offered through HCC

Tokio Marine HCC is a leading international specialty insurance group. Backed by the insurance industry's highest available financial ratings, Tokio Marine HCC - MIS Group (formerly HCC Medical Insurance Services, HCCMIS) was established in 1998 in Indianapolis, IN. Customers can review coverage options, obtain quotes, purchase insurance and receive their insurance documents – all electronically, 24 hours a day. HCC currently offers health and life insurance to customers in over 130 countries.

To review coverages and pricing and to apply visit THIS LINK.

Individual Medical Insurance:

This coverage does satisfy the ACA Minimum Essential Coverage requirement.

We quote only Kaiser Permanente for Individual Medial Plans

Kaiser Permanente Individual and Family plans: INSTANT QUOTE LINK

Affordable Care Act

The Colorado health insurance exchange, called Connect for Health Colorado, is the online marketplace for health insurance in Colorado. Call 855-PLANS-4-YOU for information.

You may qualify for a subsidy that pays a portion of your premium and in some cases even your deductible.

Here are some definitions of the most common terms that you will need to know when purchasing coverage.

Annual Maximum

An annual maximum, or cap, is a defined dollar amount the insurance plan will pay toward your covered expenses within a calendar year. You will be responsible for covered healthcare expenses that exceed the selected amount.

Coinsurance

The portion of covered expenses a person pays in addition to copayments and deductibles. For example if you have an 80/20 plan, the insurance pays 80% for eligible services after you've met your deductible. You pay the remaining 20%, up to your out-of-pocket maximum. You are still responsible for copayments and access fees.

Copayments and Access Fees

Compayments are specified dollar amounts to be paid by an insured person to a provider toward the covered expenses of certain benefits.

Some plans have access fees for certain services such as emergency room visits. Access fees are per visit.

Deductible

The amount of covered expenses that a covered person must incur in a calendar year and is responsible to pay before we pay certain covered expenses. Insurance plans offer a wide range of deductibles. By choosing a higher deductible, you can lower your annual premium.

Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA)

A 1996 federal law that expanded health insurance coverage for those who lost their jobs or changed jobs. This law also regulated the electronic exchange of healthcare data, including the security of personably identifiable information.

Health Savings Account (HSA)

A Health Savings Account is a medical savings account that gives you a tax-free way to save, budget for, and pay qualified medical expenses. Tax deductibility varies by state; check with your local tax advisor for details. You must be enrolled in an IRS-qualified High Deductible Health Plan to contribute to a Health Savings Account. High-Deductible Health Plans which can be combined with a Health Savings Account save money, tax-free, for medical expenses.

High-Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)

A High-Deductible Health Plan is a type of insurance that typically consists of a lower premium, higher deductible, and no copayments. All expenses incurred are credited toward the deductible until it is met. Many of these plans can also be combined with a Health Savings Account (HSA). For many people, a high-deductible health plan combined with an HSA costs less each year because premiums are lower, prescription drug costs count toward the deductible, and the out-of-pocket maximum includes the deductible.

Lifetime Maximum

The ACA prohibits new plans from imposing any annual dollar limit on the amount of coverage an individual may receive.

Medicare

Administered by the U.S. federal government, Medicare provides health insurance for those age 65 and older and those with certain disabilities.

Network/Participating Provider

A hospital, healthcare treatment facility, healthcare practitioner, or other provider who is designated as such and has a signed agreement with an insurance company, or who has been designated to provide services to covered persons.

Out-of-Pocket Limit

Under the ACA, the annual deductible now counts towards the annual out of pocket limit.

Pre-Existing Condition

Under the ACA no one can be denied health care insurance for any reason, including an existing medical condition.

Rating Area

This is an area used to determine premium rates, usually by ZIP code. The premium is based on the average healthcare costs, as well as doctor and hospital discounts, in that area.